With the holiday season approaching, many of us will be searching for the "perfect gifts". It is easy to get wrapped up in the deals and special hours involved in Black Friday, and it can be a great way to save money. However making sure to also "shop small" on Small Business Saturday can be a great way to make an impact on your local community and find some unique items while you are at it!
3 Good Reasons to Shop Small
- More money stays in your local economy! Small businesses put more money back into the local economy than larger chains.
- Unique products. You are more likely to find unique and one-of-a-kind items when shopping small. Many small businesses incorporate handmade or locally sourced items into their shops. Not only are you supporting one local business, you may be supporting several.
- It makes you feel good! This may be a selfish reason, but walking out of a local store or restaurant after making a purchase feels great. Not only did you find something great or eat something delicious, you just put your money right back into the pocket of your community.
3 Ways to Prep Your Small Business
- Promote your small business! Put out ads (online and in print), send direct mail pieces, and use word of mouth. Let everyone know how great your business is and why they should be shopping local with you!
- Come up with a Small Business Saturday in-store promotion. Do you offer classes? Why not offer a trial class for free? Maybe the first 50 customers in the store that day get a free product. Perhaps everyone who makes a purchase gets their name entered in a giveaway of a larger prize. No matter what you decide, having an in-store promotion can help generate some excitement about coming in that day.
- Get online! Promote your Small Business Saturday deals, store hours and more online. If you have a website, make sure it is ready! Perhaps even have a special offer for people to bring in from your website. Get on social media! Let your customers know what is going on that day and get some buzz going ahead of time!
Need help marketing your small business? Med City Brewing can help! Whether you need help with branding, web, direct mail, or social media we are here to help YOU!